Saturday, January 05, 2008

Dundas and Faussett, Albert Park

It's all about omelettes and eggs. No eggs, no omelette. And it depends on the quality of the eggs... Some are more expensive than others and some give you better omelettes.
Jose Mourinho explains why footballers are like eggs

Young players are a bit like melons. Only when you open and taste the melon are you 100 per cent sure that the melon is good.
Jose Mourinho explains why footballers are like melons

I think that former Chelsea coach Jose "The Special One" Mourinho may now be working in the kitchen at Dundas & Faussett, 111 Dundas Place, Albert Park, Tel +61 3 9645 5155. Who else would serve omelettes and melons on the same plate? And who else would serve a Portugese omelette?

dundas croquette

Technically, I didn't order one of the omelettes. I ordered scrambled eggs. But it was cooked like an omelette, so I'll call it an omelette. I'm also calling the salmon croquette a hash brown, since it was more like a potato patty with a few trace elements of salmon spotted through the mix. And the "chive cream" was light on chive and heavy on dill, so I'll call than a dill cream. It was all OK. But what's with the melon-apple garnish?

Actually, it gets worse. Not content to garnish eggs with fruit, they offer a breakfast blog first: caramelised banana omelette. I dare someone to order than and tell me what it's like. I resisted the temptation.

The omelette frenzy continues with a "farmer's omelette" (potato, bacon, tomato and herbs), a "Portugese omelette" (red peppers, ham, tomato and basil), a goat's cheese omelette and, I kid you not... a prawn omelette. Or, you can design your own. Maybe prawn, banana, bacon and melon?

So, there you have it. Dundas and Faussett. A great place for freaky omelettes. And a great place for Albert Park poseurs to check each other out. Otherwise, not that great.

12/20 "banana omelette"

score

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whilst I can't comment on the quality of the omelettes served at "D&F"...and the caramalised banana does seem to be reaching a bit far, I think I can say that you should expand your omelette horizons....eggs and seafood are great combinations, in my own venue (blogging late just finished service) we do a fantastic Sandcrab omelette which is amazingly popular and a prawn, basil avocado and fetta omelette...goats cheese is fantastic with eggs and works well with caramelised onions as well....the Spaniards know it and mix up a lot of great eggs...Italians too......eggs with cream and butter are too wonderful to combine only with bacon and mundane herbs.

6/1/08 01:25  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.esquire.com/features/esquire-100/bestbreakfast1007?click=main_sr

From the picture on the link above, this rather souless joint may have drawn inspiration from our American brethren. Note melon wedge on right of plate. Next time you make a wrong turn off Canterbury Road, head to Provincia on Vic Ave.

6/1/08 03:37  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

any ratings?

9/1/08 18:13  
Blogger Erik said...

Fun page, thanks.

12/1/08 10:03  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why people bother with this restaurant is beyond me....I'd rather eat than 'be seen'....Walk a few paces east & find OTIS on the corner of Montague St & you won't be disappointed. Our first brekky was so good we thought they couldn't surpass it the next week but they did! Fab classy surroundings with laid back excellent service & well priced, REAL food & generous servings. Try it you won't be disappointed. We vote the coffee the best in Albert Park!

26/7/08 13:06  
Anonymous yadongbiz said...

Excellent goods from you, man. I have understand your stuff previous to and you are just extremely excellent. 야한동영상

Click this link
야설
야한동영상

19/1/22 12:27  
Anonymous yahanvideonet said...

Thank you for sharing this information. I read your blog and I can't stop my self to read your full blog. Again Thanks and Best of luck to your next Blog in future. 일본야동

Click this link
한국야동
일본야동

19/1/22 12:27  
Anonymous koreayadongcom said...

I love what you guys are up too. Such clever work and exposure! Keep up the very good works guys I’ve incorporated you guys to my own blogroll. 한국야동닷컴

Click this link
국산야동
한국야동닷컴

19/1/22 12:28  
Anonymous japanyadongcom said...

So informative things are provided here, I really happy to read this post, I was just imagine about it and you provided me the correct information I really bookmark it, for further . 국산야동

Click this link
야설
국산야동

19/1/22 12:28  
Anonymous chinayadongnet said...

What your declaring is entirely genuine. I know that everyone need to say the exact same factor, but I just believe that you put it in a way that all of us can comprehend. 중국야동넷

Click this link
야설
중국야동넷

19/1/22 12:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home