Saturday, December 08, 2007

Rumi Kills Breakfast?

After reading much ranting and raving about Rumi, I decided it was time to try breakfast, Persian style. So I dragged myself half-way across town in search of a plate of deep fried eggs and dukkah. Would this mecca of modern-middle-eastern win me over? Or was I destined for disappointment? The latter, I'm afraid. The place was shut. It was 11am on a Saturday morning and I can only conclude that Rumi don't do breakfast no more. Is it true? Has Rumi killed breakfast?

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, Rumi is no longer open on Saturdays for breakfast or lunch.

12/12/07 12:31  
Blogger Johanna GGG said...

Oh what a shame if you can't get breakfasts there any more - we had such a wonderful breakfast there!

13/12/07 13:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's true. you've missed out on the deep-fried dukkah eggs.
there are rumours about though, that the owners are opening up a more cafe-style establishment in the area. so fingers crossed that the deep-fried dukkah eggs make it to the menu, and we can enjoy them every day of the week.

17/12/07 09:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home