Thursday, August 17, 2006

Birley Sandwiches, London

I love a nice sausage and egg sarnie. The perfect fuel for a busy day. And I was most impressed with the Birley's version of this simple English classic. Soft, fresh "granary" bread, juicy cumberland sausage, well fried egg and a slurp of brown sauce. All whipped together by a very professional looking chap in a big chef's hat. You'll find this Birley's outlet (it seems to have have evolved into a chain... McBirley's, if you will) just off Fenchurch Street, around the corner from Lloyd's. Actually, I just checked, the official address seems to be Fountain House, 130 Fenchurch St, London, Tel +44 20 7929 3603.

birleys

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously dude, you'll have to check out the breakfast/brunch at Clarkes on Kensington Church Street while you're there...

20/8/06 15:02  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

G'day Mate, I love Joe's Garage and Idibidi on Brunswick st, and to my surprise they hadn't been reviewed yet, and I'd love to hear what you've got to say about them!
Thanks!
Rob

26/8/06 23:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home