Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Dottie's True Blue Cafe, San Francisco

Next time you're in downtown San Francisco, and the smug levels are safe, get yourself to Dottie's True Blue Cafe, 522 Jones Street, Tel +1 (415) 885-2767. Don't be put off by the line running out the door and down the hill. Breakfast at Dottie's is awesome.

dotties scramble

I'm not sure how much the specials menu changes each day, but on my visit (the day after election day) it was dripping with options, and my mouth was dripping with drool. Pumpkin chocolate chip French toast with toasted pecans and pure maple syrup ($10.95). Smoked salmon, caper, tomato, scallion and cream cheese scramble with house-baked toast and potatoes ($12.95). Pulled pork, roasted sweet onion and jack cheese scramble with flour tortillas and potatoes ($10.95). And Prius drivers, who like the smell of their own emissions, will find it hard to resist a serve of black bean cakes and eggs ($8.50). That'll keep you fueled up for a whole day of sulfur-sniffing self-satisfaction.

My smoked whiskey-fennel sausage and mushroom scramble was magnificent. The service was great, with frequent top-ups of decent coffee. And from my bar-side perch I had a bird's eye view of the kitchen action. This was indeed a day of hope.

19/20 "scrambelicious"

dotties scores 19

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Devi Girsang, MD said...

Everytime I jump into this blog, I always feel hungry LOL.

10/11/08 07:09  
Blogger ruthibel said...

ditto devi

11/11/08 13:05  
Blogger Silver Bee said...

hello,

i was just wondering why you are overseas? sorry to be a sticky beak...

it's just that i miss the Melbourne reviews. we didn't bother to breakfast out unless you recommended it and I've had a few dodgy experiences whilst left to my own devices. bad eggs, bad holly etc..

the international reviews are hilarious though.

ax

14/11/08 14:05  
Blogger iGurman said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

19/11/08 21:17  
Blogger Silver Bee said...

um. is that an ad in your comments? gosh how rude!

i just popped in to say my sister flew in from n.y. via sanfran and was telling me all about dotties.

i knew I'd heard of it somewhere before!

amy

28/11/08 16:05  
Blogger xofro said...

Dottie's was a highlight of my visit to San Francisco last year, and I was eager to get back. Just been to SF again (lucky me!) and - disaster - didn't manage to get there at all :( Oh well, a good excuse to visit the city again!

28/3/09 11:02  
Blogger ozbloggers said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

29/12/09 10:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home