Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Subway, Melbourne

According to the wrapper on my "Aussie Sausage" breakfast roll, "cookies may contain traces of nuts or peanuts, even if not included in the ingredient list." Fascinating... Now I know that: (a) peanuts are not actually nuts; and (b) they may turn up in my nut-free cookie. But what's that got to do with my egg and sausage roll? Welcome to Subway, 1-5 Elizabeth Street, Melbourne, Tel +61 3 9629 9200. Eat Fresh.

eat fresh

Despite making it in front of me, there was nothing particularly fresh about my breakfast. The egg was microwaved. The sausage was microwaved. The bacon was microwaved. And then the whole compilation was microwaved for good measure.

The food tasted OK, but the coffee (a cappucino) was disgusting. It was borderline drinkable, but not the least bit enjoyable the way good coffee should be.

6/20 "microwaved fresh"

score

Eggs & Bacon $6.95 BB100 -30%

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you’re looking for good fast-food coffee, you should try Dunkin Donuts. As far as the breakfast, I’ve never seen the appeal of Subway later in the day (though I will admit that I occasionally tricked into ordering something there simply by the smell of fresh baking bread – love em or hate em, that’s a killer strategy), and I certainly don’t understand their appeal for breakfast. To be honest, I didn’t even know they did breakfast, and it’s usually the case that if you’ve didn’t know they made it, they probably don’t make it very well. I’m not sure how relative this is, but I have heard recently that McDonald’s is considering serving breakfast all day. Now THAT would make me smile. I think I could eat a bacon-egg-cheese biscuit, or an egg McMuffin, or even a McGriddle, for every meal of the day. Might have to bring my own coffee though from Dunkin.

4/7/07 04:21  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Subway must notice your post and make some improvement on their coffee. Or perhaps it’s just like that and unfortunately it’s not fitting to your taste. About the nut, well, maybe it’s just an FYI thingy.

I remembered eating in an Italian restaurant where we were served with our order over this very interesting placemat. The placemat was telling us about anything from tomatoes, to pasta, to rest rooms???!! That was really disgusting huh!

9/5/08 15:39  
Blogger Unknown said...

On the off chance that you need to apply for this school year you will require money related data from a year ago. That implies yours and your mate's whether you are hitched. Presently on the off chance that you are a needy understudy you will require your parent's last year Federal Income Tax Return. www.aaa1autotitleloans.com/chicago

25/3/18 07:57  
Blogger Darren Demers said...

I remembered eating in an Italian restaurant where we were served with our order over this very interesting placemat. The placemat was telling us about anything from tomatoes, to pasta, to rest rooms???!! That was really disgusting huh! pink toddler dress , little girl yellow easter dresses , red party dress for toddler girl , mint green toddler dress

5/9/20 20:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home