Saturday, March 04, 2006

French Toast a la Chicas

The sugar fairies at Cheap Eats have done it again. Their 2006 Breakfast Dish of the Year has once again gone to something sweet. French toast with fresh strawberries, banana, pistachio ricotta and maple syrup, to be precise. So this morning I moseyed on down to Las Chicas and gave it a try. And despite the best efforts of las blokas who served us to steer me towards something else ("Why would you order that? I'm into the brekky burrito right now..."), it turned out to be a very impressive feast indeed. Enormous. Sickly. But very impressive. Especially the big splodge of pistachio ricotta... cool and creamy with cinnamon highlights and big chunks of pistachio... mmm...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so thankful that I visited your blog again tonight. I will be in Melbourne (I'm a Qld'er) for one week as of Wednesday and I am most certainly going to visit this place for sickly, sweet food. Thank you, thank you, thank you. xoxox

6/3/06 21:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a coincidence, I updated my blog this morning and talked about the colourful turkish breakfasts then found out about your blog. I like this idea. if you want to check it it's address is www.zeninthekitchen.blogspot.com
nice meeting you here!
tijen

8/3/06 22:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home