Sunday, February 12, 2006

Eggs Bagna Cauda

I have been known to say that breakfast is the weak link of Italian gastronomy. This morning, Replete Providore made me eat those words. Say hello to Eggs Bagna Cauda. Perfectly poached eggs with an olive and capsicum stew under a blanket of bagna cauda... a magnificent Italian anchovy-butter sauce. Fusion food never tasted so good.



I'm not normally a huge fan of the anchovy. But infused through the bagna cauda, its flavour is transformed from fishy-frenzy to salty-subtlety. Those Piedmontese give good sauce.

So, if you can't make it to Turin for the Winter Olympics, you can still bring your own little piece of the Piedmont to Melbourne. Go the Eggs Bagna Cauda at Replete, pop the cork on a nice Cà Viola Barbera (I highly recommend the Bric Du Luv 2000), and plonk yourself in front of the telly for some quality time with Bruce.

4 Comments:

Blogger Trypto said...

oh my god, this blog makes me crap myself i'm so hungry

12/2/06 15:27  
Blogger sonoftheprodigal said...

can i eat one of those?

12/2/06 22:53  
Blogger lazy cow said...

Adding this to the list. Went to Las Chicas this morning and had the poached egg and hollandaise. Divine. Baked beans were a little dry though.

Your cholesterol levels must be through the roof!

12/2/06 22:56  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn.. that looks good! I'll have to try that next time I'm there! :)
Didn't have the best experience with their ricotta hotcakes though...

6/4/08 10:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home