Sunday, February 19, 2006

Breakfast Blogger Cooks

This morning I was forced to stay home and cook. So I whipped out my copy of Michel Roux and whipped up a plate of Benedict. I say whipped up. Worked out might be a better turn of phrase. Benedict is a multi-phase project, and timing is critical. You don't so much need a recipe as a Gantt chart. First, you clarify some butter. Then, you whip up the hollandaise. Then, you grill some ham or bacon (organic Otway bacon in my case, but Michel reckons cured tongue is the go). Then, you poach some eggs. And finally, you plate it all up on muffins (or toast), and serve. I have new respect for those who give good Benedict. Hard to get right. Easy to go very, very wrong. Say hello to breakfast blogger benedict...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha, cin beat me to it. I was going to ask exactly the same thing. My that looks wonderful and the glorious green avocado sets it perfectly. Ok, score now please.

20/2/06 18:19  
Blogger Jamie Wodetzki said...

Hmmm... well despite near perfect execution, the eggs were sadly lacking in freshness, so I could only give them a 2... but the extras have to score a 3, for a grand total of 5/7 for the egg bits. And this is, of course, tooooootally objective and fair and non-biased.

20/2/06 19:05  
Blogger Sarah said...

Hey Jamie,

That looks great! What a coincidence, I made something similar today...

http://sarah-discovers-how-to-eat.blogspot.com/2006/02/ol-miss-moneypenny.html

How was the blogger breakfast at Mart 130? Sounded like you guys had a good time, I'm sorry I missed it!

xox Sarah

26/2/06 22:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Props to those who give good Benedict ;)

13/3/06 14:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Job!: )

30/9/08 17:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home