Saturday, February 12, 2005

Breakfast anytime

"I went to a cafe that advertised breakfast anytime, so I ordered French Toast during the Rennaisance" - Stephen Wright

It's the weekend. You've had a big night. You stumble out of bed. It's breakfast time. You choose your venue, secure a table, and then it happens...

"Sorry, breakfast finished at 11 am ..."

Screw you. Breakfast did not finish at 11 am. You just stopped serving it. And I just stopped eating at your dodgy little small-town dump of a cafe.

My suggested guidelines, for those who care, are as follows...

Breakfast all day is very civilised. You win brownie points.

Breakfast shutdown at 3 pm is OK. You don't lose any points.

Breakfast shutdown at 1 pm is forgivable, just. But if I walk in at 1.15 and you say "sorry", then you will definitely be losing points, and business.

Breakfast shutdown at 11 am is a complete joke. Don't expect to be taken seriously as a hot spot for breakfast. Do expect to lose points.

My first "Sparrow's Fart Award" for unacceptably early breakfast shutdown goes to "Spoonful", which Cheap Eats rated very highly. Unfortunately for them, I rocked in at 1 pm and you can guess what happened. Maybe one day I'll stay up all night and try to get there in time for brekky. For now, treat it as a lunch spot. Who knows how good it is. I went somewhere else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home